We have an old squeezeserver but hardly use it. Nostalgic for the music, I set myself the task of programatically making a Spotify playlist of all the tracks. Slow progress but I do progress:
- Find the squeezeserer sqllite database and export it using Firefox plugin SQLite manage;. I exported csv and cleaned it up in Excel. I can export that as a csv once I nail the rest of it.
- Install Spotipy. Follow all the instructions about making an account with the developer side of Spotify.
- Try to get the Spotipy example for playlists working. FAIL (authentication).
- Try to get WSL Debian to launch a brower so you can authenticate. FAIL.
- Try to get Powershell to launch the same. Success! but later fail.
- Try to set environment variables in Powershell. FAIL
- Tear hair out.
- Realise you can hard code the variables in…