Here are some things I have learned along the way.
- Learn Patience.
- Everyone says sterilize. A lot. There must be a reason for this. Be anal about it. Read the instructions on the packaging. (Be patient)
- Crush campden tablets between two spoons.
- Use a fork to strip elderberries.
- Wait for the bubbles to go when measuring specific gravity. (Be patient)
- Plastic bottles that are rock hard are BAD and you should don protective clothing before opening them outside.
- Racking off is how you slow/stop fermentation and get a sweeter wine (this is what I have been told, but I have not managed it yet).